Experience in Translation
- I am currently working as a full time freelance translator in Athens, Greece mainly on financial texts (i.e., the International Accounting Standards, several mutual funds, the Athens Stock Exchange and many more clients on an ongoing basis), legal texts (corporate, licensing and contract law), marketing texts, corporate manuals and advertising copy for multinational clients in English, Italian, French and Greek combinations.
- 4 years as a full time freelance translator working in Washington, DC with a large number of US translation agencies on all types of documents, ranging from research projects, product brochures, legal documents, software manuals and much more, in Greek, Italian, French and English combinations. I also did considerable transcribing work from Greek to English, English to Greek and Italian to English.
- 2 years as Marketing and Communications Director for UNICEF, Greece translating a large number of documents, research publications, marketing material, articles and booklets from French and English into Greek and from Greek into French and English - with frequent trips to UNICEF headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland and to UNICEF conferences worldwide.
- 5 years as Communications Director for BBDO Group, Greece - the Greek branch of BBDO Worldwide Advertising. Translation included advertising copy, conference materials, articles, research projects, business, legal and financial documents, correspondence and presentations in Greek, Italian, English and French combinations.
- 2 years as General Manager of FASHION PUBLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL, Greece publishing fashion magazines (NEXT and FashionLine) in Greek, English, French and Italian.
- Master of Administration, University of Central Michigan, U.S.A.
- Bachelor of Science, Economics - Deree College, Greece - Communications - Marymount Manhattan College, New York.
- Extensive coursework in languages (French, Spanish).
- Winner, Language Contest, NATIVE ITALIAN category, Iona College, New Rochelle, New York
- Finalist, Language Contest, NATIVE FRENCH category, Iona College, New Rochelle, New York
- Primary and secondary school in English/Italian and English/Greek, at Marymount Primary and High Schools in Italy and New York and Ursuline Primary School in Athens.
Back to the Top
DOWNLOADABLE TRANSLATION SAMPLES
Click here for a pdf containing samples of English to Greek translations English to Greek Samples R Liapis
Click here for a pdf containing samples of Greek to English translations Greek to English Samples R Liapis
Click here for a pdf containing samples of Italian to English translations Italian to English Samples R Liapis
Click here for a pdf containing samples of French to English translations French to English Samples R Liapis
DOWNLOADABLE CURRICULUM VITAE
Click here for a pdf containing my CV Curriculum Vitae